Saturday 14 July 2007

A necessary evil

It really has been like a Chinese laundry here today. There is washing on every available washing line and draped over chairs as well. Things reached a crisis yesterday with yet another day of rain and Alex running out of clean clothes, sheets and muslins so I put a wash on and hung it on the indoor rack and then today with it not actually raining for once I ended up doing a further three washes. Here follows a confession...what with looking after Alex and trying to keep up with family and friends and doing some crafting every day the house has started to look like a bomb has hit it so today there was no crafting done (Boohoo) and I had to be disciplined and do some cleaning and tidying. There is still more to be done, but it all looks so much better and I feel very virtuous! Alex and I went out for a walk in the sun to the local shops to buy some special food for a treat meal which, depending on whether Alex goes to bed nicely, we hope to do tonight...more on that in tomorrows blog. As a special thank you to Tim for his lovely gift of flowersoft last weekend I also made some shortbread which is a special favourite of his so I did something creative in the end...don't they look yummy. We had some for lunch and they taste yummy too!
As I have only recently started this blog and didn't have time to craft today I thought I would post a layout that I made a few weeks ago depicting my growing bump. This is the second page in Alex's album and I had great fun making it and am pleased with how it turned out. I would love to know what all you crafters out there think.

Love,
Caro
x

No comments: