Thursday 13 September 2007

Completed tasks

Well the last couple of days have been completely different from each other, and yet in both days I completed lots of unfinished projects, both work and play. Yesterday was my second day back at work, and I finally managed to complete going through all those e-mails, not only that but I was able to respond to all those that needed action. This means that I am fairly well caught up with that backlog. I also managed to have a detailed meeting with one of my students, leaving me with only a few meetings next week before I am fully up to date with where all the different research projects are. My desk and new office are well organised as well so it is all feeling as though everything is back under control. I can't say that I like leaving Alex, but he has been doing really well with Tim so at least I don't need to worry about him. They both have naps at the same time which does them both good. In the evening I played with Alex and read him a story before putting him to bed. At least I get to spend about 2 hours with him after I get back from work.
Today we went for a lovely walk even though the weather looked a little dodgy, but while we were out the sun came out. We went a slightly different route round the Forge Dam area, but it turned out not to be very pushchair friendly so was a bit tricky...I don't think we will be doing that walk again in a hurry. I have also organised some ATCs for swaps that I have been involved in, putting pre-prepared ones in envelopes ready to post tomorrow. I also wrote some of the cards I have recently made so that I could post them as well. The morning was also a washing, cleaning type of morning so all in all it has been a busy couple of days.
On the crafting front I have made one ATC, which is part of a 'train of thought' swap that is on-going on the CMPC forum. This swap is basically like a crafting Chinese Whispers. I was sent the card above by Barbara Williams entitled 'You can fly' and I had to take inspiration from that ATC to make another to send on to the next person in the line. For example I could have used fly, birds, the blue theme etc.
I got the inspiration for my card entitled 'AirMail' from the Par Avion on Barb's card. From this I then used various papers from K&Co that were to do with Air Mail and then added the butterflys. I nearly called it Butterfly post. The little butterfly is cut out from a K&Co paper and the other butterfly and the edge of the card is gold embossed. I hope Kerry likes it and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with in response.
I also received a lovely ATC from Linda Brunton. This is so different and unique that when I saw it I just had to swap with her. She is a new member of the forum and I am really liking the stuff she is producing. I look forward to swapping with her again.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blimey - you must be uber organised to get sorted at work so quickly, especially in view of your office move as well!

Lovely atcs you've received and the 'train of thought' is perfect I'm sure Kerry will love it.

xxxxxxxxxx