Sunday 10 February 2008

Gorgeous weather!


Hasn't it been wonderful weather this weekend. Surprisingly mild for February and wonderful sunshine. I have loved every minute of it and spent a good portion of the weekend outside. We took Alex shopping yesterday and as usual he charmed everyone, and I took him to the local park today which was great fun. He was absolutely fascinated by all the other children there and enjoyed watching everything they were doing. He went on the swing, roundabout and down the slide a few times which he seemed to enjoy. His confidence in terms of standing is growing enormously, although he still holds onto something, he will often be only holding on with one hand or just a few fingers...I wonder what he will do next! He has been on much better form these past few days and I think that he must be having a temperorary lull from teething. This evening Tim and I had him giggling over our very bad impersonations of Kate Bush!
I have only done a little crafting this weekend as I have tried to get on top of some of the chores that I hadn't managed to do over the past week (washing, cutting Tim's hair, washing, hoovering, cleaning,washing, shopping, and more washing!). However, I did make Tim's valentines card. I don't think that this is one of my better cards, although I am not sure what I don't like about it. It may need something else adding to it...not sure. Any advice before Thursday would be welcome.
I also made my srapbook layout for the week...of Alex's first Nativity play in which he played a sheep. The background paper is from Heirloom Interiors and the other papers are Bo Bunny and DaisyD. The little sheep images are Victorian Scrap Reliefs from Mamelok Press. The journalling reads "Alex was a very cute, well behaved little sheep during his first Nativity service, crawling on the floor or sitting on our laps". I am pleased with how this one has turned out as I haven't done a layout in quite this style before. More soon.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Momiji said...

lovely layout Caro...I recognise the daisy dee's as I have some too! not used them yet though plenty of ideas in my head!..this will be a very special memory for Alex...

Anonymous said...

Caro, I love this layout - so gentle and in keeping with the topic.

xxxxxxxxxxx