Sunday 2 March 2008

Mothers Day

My first Mothers Day as a Mum. Alex (with Tim's help) had made me a card...his first attempt at stamping. Tim thought that he would get on OK with it as he likes hitting things. Apparently he even chose the colours. Alex gave me two Hero Arts stamps...baby feet and hands, which will be of great use in my scrapbooking, and a box of chocolates (yummy!).
We went out for a lovely walk in the valley beside the stream this morning and Tim took these lovely photos of Alex and me so that i can scrapbook the day at some point in the future. The wind, which has been so vicious over the past two days had died down so the walk was much better than expected and it seemed like the whole of Sheffield was out! We followed the walk with a pub lunch and enjoyed Lasagne (me), fish and chips (Tim), mashed up hotpot (Alex), the food wasn't amazing but perfectly adequate and it was nice not to cook for a change.
Unfortunately Alex hasn't been quite himself this weekend, he has been great when we were out and about but at home he has been crying much more than normal...we think that he is teething as his cheeks are bright red and he has been chewing his tongue a lot. He has needed a lot more distraction than normal so he has spent a lot of the weekend sat on my lap drawing, crawling round my feet in the kitchen or with me rolling around on the floor playing with him.
This means that crafting has been very limited although I have managed to do a little in the form of this ATC...V is for vintage for the Alphabet swap. All the papers for this are K&Co.
While Alex had his afternoon nap today, I did manage to complete one scrapbook page using my new feet stamp, entitled 'Fascinating Feet'. The cardstock is Bazzil and the patterned paper is Sandylion. I love the cute little feet brads and have been waiting for the right layout to use them on. The journalling reads 'Alex became fascinated with his feet from the moment he realised that they were part of him. He was often to be found holding one or both feet while lying on his back!' I hope to get a little crafting done this evening after Alex goes to bed, but we will have to see. More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Momiji said...

lovely natural photos of you and Alex...wish I had discovered scrapbooking when mine were young!..now a long time ago...they will make lovely layouts ...

Anonymous said...

These are lovely photos Caro and I'm sure you'll have a lovely memory of the day. Do you write notes to go with the picture so's you remember when it comes to make the page, or, do you just remember?

Hope Alex's teeth soon come thru.

xxxxxxxxxx

Angelswings_2 said...

Fantastic pictures Caro... you both look so relaxed.