Tuesday 24 June 2008

Wedding Anniversary fun!

Well despite everything we decided not to completely ruin our wedding anniversary so still had a lot of fun. On Sunday we went out to the Butterfly House near Worksop which is lovely. It is contained in a smallish area so is not too difficult for Tim to wander round and we are able to feed the different animals which meant that they came nice and close for Alex to be interested in. He was most fascinated by a crazy rooster which came up and pecked at his pram and crowed right next to him. The ducklings were probably second favourite, especially when being fed. As usual I am sucker for pigs, sheep and goats and so had a lovely time feeding them.
Inside the tropical house itself Alex liked the fish best of all as there were so many of them and they were very active and visual for him. All in all it was a lovely trip out.
Yesterday we went out to our favourite Chinese restaurant for a meal. It was absolutely delicious and Alex was pretty well behaved which was a bonus. Alex and I also had a great time in the garden playing with his football...he didn't do so well at kicking it but loved to carry it around!
While Alex and Tim had a nap and I got to play with my new crafting toys...Adirondack colour wash inks and some Purple Onion Stamps. I made these three ATCs using the Tim Holtz Batik effect. I am quite pleased with this method and look forward to experimenting further.
I have also made the two ATCs I owe for an Oriental swap...just need to remember who they are for. Both of these used the Kimono stamp from Stamps Away and an Oriental background stamp. The mica colouring in on one of the Kimono Stamps wasn't brilliant so I decided to stamp and heat emboss directly onto a patterned silver card for the other one.
Finally I managed to make the two ATCs for an idioms swap I have joined in where you have to make the ATC resemble the phrase. I chose 'Raining Cats and Dogs' and drew raindrops using a sakura stardust pen and printed out the phrase, umbrella, cats and dogs from WordArt. I also chose 'Fashion Police' and went for strips and spots and clashing colours as well as the little clipart policeman. I hope that these will be OK for the swap. Must dash...masses to do! More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Momiji said...

lovely photos of your day out..and I love the atcs with the colour wash..how do you do it?

Anonymous said...

SO pleased you had a good day out despite the circumstances and I love those crafty bits you've created. BTW Congratulations on your anniversary.

xxxxxxxx