Sunday 19 October 2008

Windy Weather!

It has been blowing a gale this weekend...the days have been dry, but very cold and windy. Yesterday was the usual round of shopping, cleaning, washing etc and then I took Alex out to the park in the afternoon which he loved. He especially enjoyed playing with the leaves and the fact that he was given a chocolate bar for the first time in his life!
Today I decided that a sort out of Alex's toys was in order...all the bricks were scattered around the house, and the various shapes for the shape sorters were in different locations...on top of all that I could barely get to my side of the study for tripping over a pile of a mixture of toys, rubbish and computer bits. I couldn't bear it anymore so it got sorted! Alex was tired out by the whole thing and slept much longer during his nap than usual...check out the use of Big Ted as a pillow!
We went to the park again this afternoon and it was so cold and windy that there weren't many people there, but Alex enjoyed himself running round the playground and climbing round. We also spent some time today preparing for Tim's benefit appeal which is tomorrow (any prayers most gratefully received).
I have been continuing to make Christmas cards and did a count up...I have made a grand total of 44 (more than half the ones I need), of which 34 were made with the various cuttlebug embossed cards I have been given so thank you once again to Kath, Christine and Gill for those. These next ones are still all with the cuttle bug. These first four used a design that I have previously used for a non-Christmas card, but I thought that the design would work so well with a Robin image for Christmas that I decided to give it a go.
This one used the Holly image and the saying that was a kind gift from Kath last Christmas.
This one used a lovely cuttlebug snowscene (thanks to Gill) that I coloured in with chalks. This one again used chalks to colour in the holly... ...and finally I used a stippling technique with my Pretty Colour inks to colour this tree, and then went round all the embossing with my sakura stardust pen to generate a bit of sparkle - it is brighter in real life. That is all for now, so have a great week everyone. More soon.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Sally said...

Great cards Caro I love the one with the snow scene and houses. You have been busy

craftymumof3 said...

Wow!!!!! your cards are great. I love the robin picture.

Alex looks like he's having fun in the leaves too.