Wednesday 26 November 2008

Busy again!

Well, what a week this is turning out to be! Work is very busy anyway, but this week has been concertinaed by conferences on Thursday and Friday meaning I have had to get loads done in the past few days. Alex has been on good form which has made the evenings great fun though and bath-times in particular have been hilarious, with me getting a thorough soaking as well. Alex’s language continues to develop and he spent about 30 minutes one evening repeatedly telling his toys to ‘come on’ which made me giggle. Sadly I am barely going to see him tomorrow as I leave the house at 6.15am and return 2 hours after he has gone to bed...I’m not looking forward to that! Although I haven’t managed to do much crafting over the past few days I have finally made my entry for the ‘snowman’ ATC competition being held on the CM&PC forum...not allowed to show it here until after the competition though. The only other crafting I have done is another page for Gran’s scrapbook. This one is of her Grandparents, and we think the photo was taken shortly after their wedding. The photograph (stuck down with repositionable glue) is actually a rather bad photocopy of the original Victorian postcard, which I will replace once I can borrow the original to scan in. I didn’t want to leave a blank page in the album for when I show it Gran hence putting the page together now rather than waiting for the photograph. The journalling reads 'Lizzie and Solomon Merritt were married on 1st July 1893 in Durley Parish Church. It is uncertain as to whether this is their wedding photo or whether it was taken shortly afterwards'. Comments welcome as always. Have a good rest of the week.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

Your scrapping is lovely Caro, it is nice to know so much about your grandparents.

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely page - I'm dying to hear what she says when she sees the completed book.

xxxxxx