Sunday 18 January 2009

Weekend fun!

We have had a fun weekend playing with Alex who has been hillarious with some of the things he has said. Yesterday I took himto the big supermaket with me for our monthly shop. He was so proud of himself sat in the shopping trolley and telling me that things were 'pots' 'cans' 'bread' 'cheese' etc. Unfortunately as I don't know that supermarket very well yet, it took me ages to do the shopping so he was getting a bit fed up at the end. A bribe of a Bertie the bus toy soon cheered him up though and he hasn't stopped playing with it since...it is the first thing he asked for this morning.
It was beautifully sunny this morning, but blowing a gale and bitterly cold so we didn't venture out for long, but did enjoy playing in the garden. These seed heads are still attached high up on the trees at the back of our garden and this was a lucky shot as the wind was blowing so hard all the others were out of focus!
Alex got very excited every time a bird flew over stopping whatever he was doing to shout 'Bird' at the top of his voice and watch it. He also got very enthusiastic about me cooking this weekend, saying 'cook' several times over, and then when he got some of the bolognaise sauce saying 'yum yum yeah!'. At the end of his meal he asked for 'Cotchut' (chocolate) and was given a milky way star much to his delight. Finally when I came to wash his extremely mucky face he said 'uh oh' in a very cute voice. What completely cracked me up though was him wandering round the place saying 'oooo ooo Monkey!' while waving around a monkey picture.
It has been a fairly good weekend crafting wise as well as I have made inroads into my scrabooking. This page is loosely based on one of Becky Flecks Page Maps and is entitled 'SPLASH'. The papers are a mixture of hot off the press and Bazzil. The journalling reads 'Alex loves going to the park after it has rained as there is a large shallow puddle which he can stomp and splash in to his hearts content. The only problem is he doesn't have any books and we have to dry his shoes every evening'. These photos were taken in August 2008.
This next page is based on this weeks sketch from Pencil Lines and was a challenge for me as I don't usually use these colours. I think that the patterned papers are all Basic Grey and the cardstock is Bazzil. Some of the flowers are from Angel kiss. The title is 'Safe in Great Gran's arms' and the journalling reads 'Alex refused to sleep in his cot when we went to Barr at Easter, after an exhausting night he finally decided to sleep when Great Gran cuddled and sang to him'. March 2008.
Finally, I made this sympathy card for a dear friend who has recently lost her Mum. I never know what to make for sympathy cards so I kept this one simple. Incidentally this card also fits the Cuttlebug challenge to make a card using your favourite embossing folder. I have to confess that I don't have a favourite yet as they are all new to me, but hopefully this still counts! Have a good week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

6 comments:

Annie said...

Love the way you have coloured your embossing on your sympathy card - so effective.
Thanks for joining the cuttlebug challenge - hope you will have time to join in again soon.

oH by the way your little one is so cute - love the photo of Alex looking up at the birds. Ah bless him.

Ann xxx

Cassie said...

this card turned out so lovely - perfect for a sympathy card! thanks for joining us this week on the be inspired challenge

craftymumof3 said...

Hi Caro. Great embossed card. I love looking at all your photos of Alex too.

If you pop over to my blog there is something ther for you

Anonymous said...

Oh gorgeous pages and that photo of Alex looking up, I'd have that framed - it's stunning!

xxxxxxxx

Christy said...

The card is beautiful and I love the coloring you did on it....is it just ink? :)

LORi said...

Your card is Lovely!! Thanks for joining us!!