Friday 6 February 2009

More snow!

The saga of the snow continued as yesterday I was supposed to be going to a conference in Sheffield which started at 9.30. This meant that I left the house later than normal, having worked from home for a while, by which stage, as it had been snowing heavily for a while, there was over an inch of snow on the roads and no sign of the snowploughs or gritters. We only got about a mile from home, after some rather hefty digging to get the car out, before we hit stationary traffic. We sat in that for ages not even moving an inch before giving up and going home. I then called the bus companies to discover that no buses could get onto our estate and the nearest stop was over a mile away. I set out, fell on my rear and gave up feeling rather bruised and battered. Needless to say I worked from home for the rest of the day. They finally ploughed and gritted our road at 4pm..a bit late for me! Here is a photo of the hills near us taken from our back garden this evening.
With a bit of digging we were able to get the car out this morning and get me to work today which was just as well. It has been a hectic day, but productive which is good. Because it was actually snowing yesterday Alex didn’t get to play in the snow, so I took him out for a brief jaunt after nursery which he loved. He especially liked sitting in his car being pushed around by me!
Crafting wise I have been working on converting a child’s board book into a Valentine’s present for Tim using photos of us taken over the past 8 years, starting with our wedding. The colours of our wedding were blue, cream and silver, hence the colour scheme of the page. Both papers are K&Co, and the rub-on images at the corners were E-Z (a kind gift from Kath). The words are also cut out of K&Co paper. This is the second page and is as far as I have got so far, again I have used K&Co paper and words, gold peel offs, Purple Onion stamps and flowers from a Victorian decoupage sheet. I would love to know what you think of this. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

4 comments:

Sally said...

Caro those pages are beautiful.

Sharon said...

What a fantastic idea for a gift. I love how it looks so far.

magic boxes said...

Caro - what beautiful pages and what a romantic gift.

Hope we get to see more!

(Love your snow pics)

Elaine

Anonymous said...

Lovely pages and what a great idea - I'm sure he'll be touched by the love and care you've put into this for him.

xxxxxxxx