Wednesday 11 March 2009

Slowly improving (I hope)

Alex is slowly recovering from his ordeal and is very pleased that he no longer has to have eye or nose drops, although it is taking his stomach longer to recover from the antibiotics. On Monday, although he ate breakfast, he felt really ill and spent the day lying down until he was sick at lunchtime, after which he perked up again. He was better yesterday and today so went to nursery although he was somewhat subdued compared to normal, his appetite is reduced and he is still struggling with diarrhoea. Meanwhile I have been frantically trying to catch up on work that should have been done last week which has meant that so far this week I have run three experiments, written the first draft of a grant application and started editing two manuscripts. I am exhausted! I have been working on a project for Mother’s Day in which I have had to spend ages sorting out photos and uploading them to photobox as I am going to make mini brag books containing photos of Alex for both his grandmothers (and my Gran!). This project has taken ages so I have done very little crafting over the past few days. Indeed the only crafting I have done has been these two fatbook pages for the black and white swap being held on the CM&PC forum. I used my new nestabilities labels set for cutting out the silhouette image and the black frame, then highlighted parts of the silhouette with my sakura stardust pen, added the white stitching with a sakura glaze pen, black stitching and edging with a whispers pen and then the crystal stickers for a final bit of sparkle. The reverse of the two pages are the same, a black and white stamped image of a lady with wings in a garden of flowers (kind gift from Angie) highlighted with sakura stardust (doesn't really show in the photo). That’s all for now. I am off to London for the day on Friday, teaching at UCL, so may not get the chance to upload then. Have a good week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Alex is improving.

Love the silhouettes on this piece.

xxxxxx