Sunday 1 March 2009

Tricky weekend

It hasn't been the easiest of weekends with an unhappy small boy. Alex is slowly improving thank goodness, but he is far from his normal happy self and still has a dodgy tummy. We went to the park yesterday and all he wanted to do was sit on my lap on the swing. Todays trip was a bit more successful and we had fun on the climbing frame and going through the tunnel although his stamina was not what it usually is and we came home earlier than normal. While at home he has alternated between lying on the floor being miserable and running round downstairs playing on my keyboard while I stuck some photos in my album. However, this evening he was too tired to do anything and resorted to cuddles on my lap complete with teddy, big ted and woof while we watched a little television. I have continued to take some nature photos each weekend and these snowdrops were growing in the verge on the way to the park looking beautiful so I just had to stop and photograph them! I have finally got round to scrapbooking a photo taken last April which highlights Alex's enormous blue eyes. The layout is based on sketch #74 from Stuck! and uses a mixture of Basic grey and Bazzil cardstock, Purple Onion Stamps, Papermania stickers and Cuttlekids Alphabet. The title is 'Big Blue Eyes' and the journalling reads 'You have the most amazingly bright blue eyes with such enormous lashes. They are incredible expressive and melt my heart'. I have also made a double page layout of our trip to Abbeydale Miniature Railway last August, entitled 'Mini Railway'. I had so many wonderful photos of that day that it was hard to choose which ones to use, hence the photo heavy double page. I have included one of our train tickets and used Bazzil, Basic Grey and Amerian Designs cardstock with a Xela crafts steam train stamp. The journalling reads 'The weather was perfect on August Bank Holiday when we took Alex for his first ever train rides a the Abbeydale Miniature Railway. Despite the queues being long we all enjoyed the rides on the steam trains. Despite being a little uncertain about it all at the beginning Alex soon relaxed and enjoyed himself. It was a wonderful trip out. 24th Aug 2008'. Finally, I have made a concertina ATC for Claire, who sent me a wonderful handbag ATC and requested something a little different in return. I used my fiskars corner punch for the hearts, some vintage oriental images from the web, some gold peel offs, DCWV chipboard stickers for the front and some cream ribbon to tie it up with. This photo is of the ATC when shut
This is it open. This is the other side open. As usual I would love to know what you think. I have a week of teaching to look forward to, so have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Momiji said...

hope Alex continues to improve as the week goes on. Love the layout and those blue eyes ..and that atc is fantastic..totally amazed how you manage to do it all!

Novice Writer said...

hope alex recovers really soon..
by the way nice ATC :-)good job!

Anonymous said...

Hope Alex is improving now.

Beautiful photo of the snowdrops, you've captured them perfectly.

Love those pages. The blue eyes one is striking. The railway one is image rich but not overcrowded and shows the day beautifully.

Love the ATC.

xxxxxxxx