Friday 10 April 2009

Great start to Easter!

I love bank holidays! Work yesterday was completely insane and busy, but at least my experiment worked and I knew that today would be fun, which it was! We decided to brave the wet weather and head out to Cannon Hall Farm which is about 40 minutes drive north of us. Although it was rather crowded with other people we had a lovely time feeding and stroking the animals. Alex thought the cows, pigs and goats in particular were wonderful. He wasn't too sure about feeding or stroking the animals himself saying very firmly 'No' when i suggested it, but he certainly liked looking. He then had a lovely time on the adventure playground before we decided it was time to head for home while eating his lunch in the car.
This afternoon we had to play indoors as it was chucking it down so I got his new paints out and we had a very messy time playing with the sponges and paint. He thought it was wonderful to be sat up at the table like that. Just as well we were given a good table cloth for Christmas! Unfortunately the blue paint stained everything in sight, including skin, so we may have to ban the blue and use just the other colours until I can find some non-staining blue.
Here is one of his paintings from today. The rest I am going to turn into cards as he owes several people some thank you cards...stickers will probably be involved somewhere!
I have managed to do a little crafting of my own these past couple of days making 6 more ATCs using the images of fluorescently stained cells. Each photo is different as is each background. I have also started scrapbooking again using the latest sketch from 'Stuck?!'. The title of this says 'I DON'T WANNA' and I used a mixture of Penny Black, Bazzill and Dovecraft papers. The journalling reads 'Alex made it very clear that he did NOT want to come inside and go to bed. August 2008'. As usual I would love to know what you think. Have a very Happy Easter everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

LazyKay said...

Great pictures at the animal farm, I think so many children are totally divorced from the live animal it's lovely that farms like this exist. I love cows and their smell - yes, their smell, evocative of my childhood.

Great to see Alex enjoying his art work. Early Learning do a good range of paints which are (supposed to be) fully washable and you can buy individual colours in quite economical pots.

Love the use of the stained cells, so unique and fascinating.

GREAT page - lovely that you are able to add to your book - it will be a real treasure as the years go by.

xxxxxxxx