Sunday 21 June 2009

Good start to my holiday

Well this has been a lovely weekend despite the mixed weather. As it is the start of a 10 day holiday for me we decided that we would go for a little outing each day. Yesterday as it was rather damp we went to the museum where we dressed up in silly outfits (Tim wont let me show his photo on here) and chased Alex round the place.
Today, as it was dry and sunny, we went to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park, which is near Doncaster. It is fairly small, which is a good thing for Tim's ME, but there was enough there for us all to see and enjoy. I always love Meerkats and Alex liked them too... he was more impressed with the llama's though, especially the baby who was born this morning. The great thing about this park was being able to walk into the wallaby enclosure and get within a few feet of them.We could do the same with the lemurs, which we spent ages watching as they were bouncing through the trees just above our heads. Finally we let Alex play in the outdoor play area where he made a bee-line for the tractor. It was a great trip out which we all enjoyed. I have also been crafting and managed to complete three layouts this weekend. OK, I know it is summer, but for some reason I ended up scrapping the snow scenes I took in February. It was fun though. This first one uses Bo Bunny, Basic grey and Bazzil cardstock and loosely follows Pencil Lines sketch #139. The title is 'Snow fun' and the journalling reads 'Alex's first experience of deep snow was 2nd Feb 2009. It was too deep for him to walk so he kept falling over. However, he soon learnt that snow was great fun!'. The second page uses a mixture of papers from Sandylion, Bazzil and mulberry. It is a collage of us as a family out in the snow in our garden and is titled 'Winter fun'. The journalling reads 'We had a lovely time as a family playing in 6 inches of fresh snow in our garden'. Finally I scrapbooked our snowman, unimaginatively entitled 'my first snowman'. The papers I used were basic grey on a Bazzil cardstock background. I cut the snow flakes out with my cuttlebug and used silver peel-offs to give them a bit of flourish. The journalling reads 'Alex was somewhat puzzled by the idea of building a snowman, although he did like patting the snow on the body'. I would love to know what you all think of this. Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

GEOGRAFI@iwan SMA MUHAMMADIYAH 1 TASIKMALAYA said...

hello,myname IWAN from INDONESIA. yourblogs is beautifull !

Momiji said...

love your pictures of your days out...and the snow scene layouts are great