Sunday 7 June 2009

Wet weekend!

After such beautiful weather last weekend this weekend was a complete washout! Yesterday Alex was really tired all day and therefore inclined to be grumpy and whinging about things all day. We got through the shopping trip by the skin of our teeth! In the afternoon we dashed out to the park in between showers where Alex had a great time splashing in puddles to his hearts content. The play equipment was ignored as the puddles were much too much fun!
This afternoon was so wet that when Tim had his nap Alex and I went to Weston Park Museum, which was fantastic. It is a free museum only about 10 minutes drive from us and we will definitely go back, as we both loved it. Alex could explore to his hearts content and loved all the stuffed animals and lifting all the flaps to see what was underneith. Snowy the polar bear and the stuffed sheep were the best things as far as he was concerned, although the woolly rhino and shark came a close second. Sadly we are not allowed to take photos in the museum so this is one of their postcards of snowy the bear.
Crafting wise this weekend I have started on my Fathers Day Cards. This one is for my Father in law who moved house last year and has since been decorating and doing DIY on their new house so I thought that the Jolly Nation DIY man was appropriate, although I had to change the hair line somewhat! I also added the bottle of wine as he likes the occassional glass with his evening meal. I followed the Paper take weekly sketch for this week and the theme of Fathers Day from My Time To Craft challenge site.
I also completed a scrapbook layout of Alex and his sledge in the snow. The title of this one is 'Happiness is... small boy plus sledge'. I kept the layout simple using only one type of patterned paper and the textured cardstock and then peel offs and stickers. The journalling reads 'Alex thought that his sledge was the best thing ever. He loved being pulled along on it giggling and grinning like mad and had as much fun pulling it along, even walking all the way home from Spider Park ~ his longest walk to date. Feb 2009'.
Finally I couldn't resist making some inchies following the Paris Fashion 1920s theme. They actually used the left over bit of card from my ATCs. I also made a card for the CMPC forum's competition this weekend, but as it is for a competition I can't post it here. I hope you all had a good weekend and have a good week ahead.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Mrs Mayne said...

These are great! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Lesley said...

Great card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx