Friday 31 July 2009

Friday again!




Friday again and I am so ready for the weekend! At work we are trying to write a paper full of scientific data ready for publication and we need a few more experiments to be run and analysed before it can be finished. This means I have spent the last couple of days running 2 experiments, which fortunately have worked. Just a few more to go and that data will be complete. At home Alex continues to amuse me no end…yesterday he was singing and jumping all evening and today he has been gently playing with his garage. He is still very tired, full of cold and inclined to kick up a stink when he doesn’t get what he wants, but he has had a better report from nursery this week and came back home tonight with a chocolate cornflake cake that they made today. Crafting wise I have completed a scrapbook layout for this week’s Pencil Lines sketch, although I chose to alter the sketch by replacing the single photo with two small ones. These photos have sat on my desk for over a year waiting for me to scrap them, but I just haven’t been inspired as they are not the strongest photos. I am quite pleased now that this page captures the moment of Alex’s first successful attempt at pulling himself up from sitting to standing. As he was using his playpen to do so all the photos are of him behind bars, hence my problems in how to scrap this. I kept the layout fairly simple and used Penny Black and Dovecraf papers, Basic Grey and Papermania stickers, and inkadinkado and Hero Arts stamps. The title of this page is ‘First solo stand’ and the journaling reads ‘Alex first pulled himself up to a standing position on 5th Feb 2008. He was so pleased with himself, but found it hard to sit back down - a semi-controlled fall was the only way!' I would love to know what you think of this. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

No comments: