Wednesday 2 September 2009

Not long now!

I am on holiday for a week from Saturday and can’t wait! Actually, I can’t really complain as I had yesterday off which enabled me to clean the house from top to bottom and do a little crafting while Alex was at nursery. Bliss! The house looks so much better, especially as I have found some new storage areas for the ever increasing number of toys. Alex is still tired from the weekend and inclined to be moody, but for the most part we have had fun playing together, especially with his garage, dancing to music and playing my keyboard. He also rediscovered my camera and was busy taking pictures yesterday, although he still doesn’t understand about aiming it – he just likes the flash going off and the noise of a photo being taken! This is one of his self portraits with my arm and shoulder also in shot! Crafting wise I finally got round to making two ATCs for a tree and rainbow swap. For these I used a stamp from Stamps Away and coloured in the image using my Whispers pens, including adding a rainbow. In order to make the two ATCs different I set one in Summer (full green colours) and the other in Autumn with autumnal colours on the trees. I have also joined a ‘Cluedo’ swap where you have to make one ATC on a theme taken from the board game Cluedo. This was so much fun to do as I wanted to include a person, place and weapon. This card is entitled ‘Miss Scarlet in the library with the candlestick’ and I found all the different images on the web and combine them as a collage, colouring in the ladies dress to make it red. I couldn’t resist adding the speech bubble (What candlestick?) as she looks so innocent and is looking away from the candlestick! Finally I have completed a double page layout of our trip to Hallam school fete following Anna’s fantastic sketch on Pencil lines. This layout has used Sassafrass Lass, Bazzil, Hot off the Press and Cosmic Cricket papers/cardstock, E-Z rub-ons, and Anitas peel-offs. The journaling reads ‘Alex had so much fun at the Hallam school fete, watching a dog display and listening to the brass band. He discovered the ‘round and round’ rides and especially liked the cards and ‘Thomas train’ and he confirmed his love of bouncy castles!’. As usual I would love to know what you think of my crafting. Have a great rest of the week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

LazyKay said...

Have a lovely break!

Love the cluedo ATC esp.

Nice layout too.

Well done on fitting that all in - bet you'll be more prolific on your break if this is what you fit in between working!

xxxxxxxxx