Wednesday 14 October 2009

Uncomfy!

Poor Alex has yet another stinking cold and while I have managed to resist that so far I have an extremely uncomfortable tummy. Not sure why, but it is stopping me sleeping at the moment so I am a bit zombie like which isn't great for work. Despite everything Alex and I have had fun playing with his train tracks, his Buzz Lightyear action figure and the endless round of cars. He and Tim have also had fun at bath-times where Alex has learnt to drink water from the tap!
I have been on a bit of a roll these past few days crafting wise with five Christmas cards and a scrapbook layout! This first card follows Sketch Saturday #72 and uses free papers and my new Just Rite stamp. The second card follows CPS sketch #137 and again uses free papers, a ribbon I have had for ages and the Just Rite stamp. The third card follows the Sketch and Stash challenge and uses my new Just Rite stamp, some stickers and free papers that I have had over a year and the background paper which is new from American Traditional papers. The next card follows the Daring Cardmaker challenge of 'purple' where purple is supposed to be the dominant colour...not sure if this really counts, but purple is the predominant colour in the background so maybe I can get away with it! This final card wasn't made in response to any challenge but I did enjoy using the snowflake embossing folder for a change. Finally I made a scrapbook layout featuring me aged 8-10 months (Summer 1970's). This follows this weeks Pencil Lines sketch (#156) and fits with the CCC challenge of stitching and buttons. Anyone who knows me will realise that needles and me do not mix (blood everywhere) so I have cheated with fake stitches. This also fits with this weeks Scrap and stamp for summery layouts featuring at least one stamp. The stamps I have used for this page are Purple Onion swirls and Just Rite letters. The papers are Hot off the press and BoBunny and the flowers are flora doodles. The buttons came from my mother's button box so are entirely appropriate. The journalling reads 'Me, aged 8-10 months discovering the delights of the world around me and in the New Forest in the company of my parents and Carn our dog wearing my Mother's favourite outfit for me'. As usual I would love to know what you think. Have a great rest of the week.
Love,
Caro
x

14 comments:

Terry said...

Hiya you made a beautifull card hun and your other cards and layout are beautifull. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
Hugs Terry

Lynda said...

Fabulous cards and layout - thanks for joining in with DCM this week.

Lynda xxx

Momiji said...

love this layout..beautiful colours and amazing family likeness!
hope you are feeling better soon..

Chrissie said...

Fabulous projects here Caro, love the piccy of your little boy drinking the tap water ha ha!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Cazzy said...

Oh dear poor Alex and You! Lovely cards, I found out my Just Rite stamps I won are not even posted from the USA but hopefully they will be now!

Cazzy x

LazyKay said...

What lovely cards Caro. I like how you've coloured the embossing.

Great layout page too - how nice to have a 'you' album started.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely, fresh and contemporary. Fab layout too.

Vanessa.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Caro, what a fab layout. Love the colour scheme and the embellishments are gorgeous. The faux stitching looks perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Nicki (CSS) said...

Great take on the challenge! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Pop's Cards said...

This is just gorgeous i do love the colours you have used, great job on our theme, thanks for joining us at cupcake, hugs pops x

Pamela said...

Your cards are great and I LOVE your layout! :)

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Caro and I love the scrapbook pages I hope your son is feeling better soon and you get some rest thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Kruemel said...

You´ve been very busy - and each and every single card is just adorable!

Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week.

Kathrin aka Kruemel

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards Caro and I hope that Alex gets better soon!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx