Sunday 13 December 2009

Christmas decorations!

Well we put up our Christmas decorations today so I am feeling all Christmassy. We actually have two Christmas trees - this little one in the dining room, and a larger one in the sitting room. We have also liberally spread tinsel round both rooms so it is all bright and sparkly. Alex like playing with the decorations although wasn't too sure about the whole idea of tinsel...as far as he was concerned the beads and tinsel should be on him not on the pictures or tree! We have made the most of the dry weather this weekend with a trip to our local park yesterday for Alex to play on his scooter followed by a trip to Endcliffe park today to feed the ducks. I think the ducks ate more bread than Alex, but I am not sure!
Crafting wise I have made two layouts, both of which fit with this weeks theme of gathering for Scrap and Stamp. The first one is of my 6th Birthday party and uses purple Onion stamps in the corner, and Basic Grey lemonade papers and embellishments. The journalling reads 'I am not sure why I have such a moody face in this photo of my 6th Birthday party. It may have had something to do with Anna and myself coming last in the three-legged race, or not doing very well in the apple game!'.
The next one uses the only existing photo of my 7th Birthday, which has darkened so much it is hard to make out everyone - I lightened it in photoshop, which has improved it from the original. This again uses Purple Onion Stamps (corner and journalling) and Basic Grey 'sugared' papers and elements, as well as three Making memories brads. This layout actually follows the layout from Unscripted Sketches. The journalling reads 'My school friends & best friends helping me celebrate my 7th birthday with a party at home which included lots of games followed by the birthday tea!'. As usual I would love to know what you think. Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Alex is such a darling! My gosh, he's the cutest!

Fantastic job on both layouts. I really love your take on this weeks US sketch. It's beautiful!

Steph
Unscripted DT

Liz said...

Great take on the sketch this week thanks for playing at US

Dawnll said...

Wonderful to go back and use those special pictures, great use of the sketch this week.Thanks for playing with US.

Sarah said...

Beautiful LO following our sketch! Wonderful.
Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

Regina said...

These are both fabulous pages! thanks for playing along at SSDS this week!
Alex looks like he is having a ball with those decorations!

Jeryn Carlisi said...

These are both beautiful and Alex is such a cutie!! Thanks for playing along with US.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Look at you!! Love the layouts but the Bead Boy is my fav. He is completely consumed with those lovely beads LOL Merry Christmas!~

Pamela said...

Love your pages!

LazyKay said...

Blimey, I never ceased to be amazed at just how much you fit in!

Great layouts.

xxxxxxxx

Kelly said...

great job on completing 2 more pages using sketches!