Sunday 7 February 2010

Wet weekend!

What a miserable weekend it has been weather wise…low lying cloud, fog and drizzle for most of the time. Despite that we have had a nice time playing a lot of different games at home with Alex – trying to keep the variety and entertainment up. This included decorating some digestive biscuits with green icing and hundreds & thousands! We also went out to the indoor play area yesterday and to the museum today where he had a great time looking in different holes, drawers etc and stroking this stuffed badger. I went out for the evening yesterday after he had gone to bed as it was the leaving do of one of my friends who is starting a new life in Devon. It will be sad to see her go and I will miss her a lot. That said the meal was really good fun and I had a lovely evening and hope she did too.
Crafting wise I have made Tim’s Valentines day card. I can’t take credit for the original design as it is based on a card by Mandy which I saw on the Papertake Weekly site...their challenge for this week is Love Actually! I have altered it to make it my own and am really pleased with how it has turned out. It also fits with the theme from Crafty Cardmakers (love and romance!).
Scrap and Stamp are having a weekend blog hop in which they are offering a lot of prizes…well worth it if you have the time. Part of the blog hop was a challenge to make a layout following a sketch designed by Pamela. Here is my take on it, entitled ‘Flapjack’. This layout uses Bazzil and Basic Gray cardstock, Doodlebug, Heidi Grace and Basic Grey stickers, Inkadinkado stamps, and a stippled distress ink background. The journaling reads ‘Alex loves helping to cook flapjack – mostly because he likes eating the sugar, golden syrup, oats and of course the final mixture. As fast as I spread it in the tin, he tries to put it in his mouth! Dec ‘09’.
Scrap and Stamp had their usual Saturday challenge as well which was to create a layout that was inspired by a picture shown on their blog. The picture had four panels and rounded corners which I used as the inspiration for this page. I also followed this weeks Unscripted sketch for this layout which also fits with the CCC ‘four legged and furry’ theme. The page is entitled ‘Samba & Carn’ and uses Cosmo Cricket papers, Basic Gray alphabet stickers and a Stamps Away paw print stamp. The journaling reads ‘Samba was mostly an outdoors hunting cat, although he was gentle and liked to curl up by the Aga. Carn on the other hand was my childhood companion, always there with a friendly wag and kiss to cheer me up! 1984’. As usual I would love to know what you think. Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Caryl P said...

Wow, a beautiful card and two fun layouts! I love how you incorporated your furry friends with the Unscripted Sketch. The paw prints in the corner are a great addition! Thanks for joining us again this week!

Sarah said...

The card is beautiful and the LO's as always are wonderful!!! Great job with this weeks sketch again. Thanks for always playing along with us at Unscripted.
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

Donna said...

Super sweet little layout and such pretty papers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Kelly said...

I am so envious of the time you get to scrapbook! Each week is always a pleasant surprise to see your layouts! Thank you for playing with Unscripted- kelly

Beth aka BR-T said...

What fun photos you shared with us Caro! You heart card is absolutely stunning! I also think your lay out are fantastic I love the doggy in the Unscripted Sketches! Beth aka BR-T

Unknown said...

Fantastic layouts, and card, as always! I just adore your son's big, bright blue eyes! So glad you joined US again this week Caro. :)
Steph
Unscripted DT

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Love your beautiful valentines day card and your wonderful LO's!

Vixykins said...

Thats a fabulous card Caro, really elegant looking x


Thanks for joiing us at crafty cardmakers x

dstandard said...

Great pictures and what a fun card!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Love your lo's & card - SO CUTE! Sorry I didn't make it by last week to see your work! Thanks so much for playing along with Unscripted!