Sunday 7 March 2010

Sun and great news!

Well, OK so we haven't had sun all the weekend, but it has been gloriously sunny today, albeit very cold! We have had a lovely weekend, yesterday playing with train sets while it rained in the morning...and then exploring a new park in the afternoon. Alex was filthy by the end of it, but it was worth it for the fun and laughter.
Today we explored another park near us which has recently been improved with the addition of a smaller climbing frame which Alex thought was great. We then went to a friends house, playing outside on their swing and climbing frame, as well as a little igloo tent, before retreating inside and playing with the pirate ship and cars. Alex was in small boy heaven and didn't want to come home!
Crafting wise I have the most amazing news! I have been chosen to join the design team at Quirky Crafts. I can't believe it! I never expected to be chosen and am so thrilled. Thank you all, and I can't wait to get started. In fact today's challenge is buttons and although I only got the news about being a member of the DT yesterday evening. Quite by chance I made this scrapbook layout of my cheeky little boy using papers from Doodle Bug, Hot off the Press and Basic Grey, Alphabet letters from Papermania, brads from making memories and buttons from my Mum's button tin! The title of the page is 'Cheeky Grin' and the journalling reads 'Alex responds to a request to smile with a huge cheeky grin. It makes me laugh everytime!'. This page also fits with the theme of 'Aquamarine' from Daring Cardmakers.
My next scrapbook page of the weekend follows the Unscripted Sketch for this week and fits with the theme of 'song lyrics or titles' from Scrap and Stamp, and the theme of bows from PTW. The title is 'Away in a manger' and the journalling reads 'Alex was a reluctant participant in the Nativity service, refusing to wear his shepherds outfit, although he did go to the front and join in the singing'. The corner stamp is from Purple Onion, all stickers are papermania, the cardstock is bazzil and the patterned papers are from Sandylion.
I also had a go at a resist technique card using my distress inks which followed last weeks CPS sketch, the green theme from CCT and the free theme from Stamp, Scrap and Doodle for this week.
Finally I made a couple of vintage trading cards using a mixture of Purple Onion, Hero Arts, tanda and xela stamps. As usual I would love to know what you all think. Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

9 comments:

Cazzy said...

Congratulations Caro, it is great to have you on the team.
Alex is getting so grown up.
I love your projects, I like those swirls.

Cazzy x

Julia said...

Love your button layout Caro and it's great to have you on the team with us.

Julia said...

Fabulous layout Caro and huge congratulations it's great to have you on the team.

Annie said...

such a fun day you had and great layouts to remember. I love the resist technique in shades of green on the daisy card. thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Helen said...

Wow - you have been busy!
Love the Nativity LO!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
Helen x

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I know you'll be a great asset to their DT!

Your projects this week are all fabulous, as always. And, I just love that cute, darling little boy of yours. :) Beautiful job!
Steph
Unscripted DT

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love all these projects!! Congrats on your DT adventure!!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the DT !!!
LOVE all your work. Great LO for Unscripted Sketches this week.
Thanks for playing along with US again.

LazyKay said...

Looks like the play area is being enjoyed. Just take care in the summer on the metal slide, they get VERY hot (as I found when I burnt my legs as a child).

LOVE the layouts, especially the bath one - nice and clean and open and the colours suit the water theme.

Lovely techniques on your cards too - I haven't had too much success with the resist technique unless I use clear embossing powders, which seems to work for me.

TFS

xxxxxxxxxxx