Wednesday 2 June 2010

Bank holiday fun!

Well we had a wonderful bank holiday Monday with a mixture of necessary jobs (the weekly shop), crafting and playing. In the afternoon, while Tim had his nap, Alex and I went to Abbeydale Miniature Railway where we had a lovely time riding on three different trains. Alex thoroughly enjoyed himself despite having to queue up for the trains and was especially pleased that we got to ride on a diesel as well as the steam trains. This was us on the smallest train there.
This photo was taken at arms length while the train was steaming along…two happy people having fun! It was a lovely afternoon and as such I didn’t want to come back to work where I am currently trying to write a grant application.
Crafting wise I made this card for my nephews 3rd birthday this week. He, like Alex, is really into Postman Pat so I used that as the theme and followed this weeks Unscripted sketch. The papers are from the Nanas kids set. As the card is about postman pat I am entering it for this weeks Lots to do ‘Mail art’ challenge – I am sure this isn’t quite what was meant, but there you go!! This will also be entered into the Simon Says challenge of ‘male card’ (I have to confess that I haven’t even thought about Father’s Day yet!).
The second card was made in response to a request from work to make a card for one of the ward sisters. I found it very hard to make this card as it was for someone I know, but I know nothing about her interests, clothes she wears etc as she is always in her nurses uniform whenever I see her. I do know that she is always very neat and elegant looking so I went for an elegant card for her. This is a complete break from my usual style and I still can’t decide whether or not I like it! The card fits with Spoonfull of Sugars celebrations challenge as it is for her 60th Birthday and with CCT no patterned papers challenge. Comments are most welcome.
Have a good rest of the week.
Love,
Caro
x

7 comments:

crafty creations said...

Fantastic card Caro and yes of course it fits in with the postal theme although not exactly what I had in mind lol

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Caryl P said...

Wonderful layouts, thanks for playing with Unscripted Sketches again this week!

toni said...

hahaha... love it.... I usually tend to go off the beaten path when working on a theme, so I really appreciate this. Great job and it looks as though you had a great "Bank Holiday"... :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

That birthday card is SO awesome!! I know a few 3 year olds that would really love it :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Liz said...

Great take on the sketch Thanks for playing at Unscripted with us

dstandard said...

WOW Caro this is just so fun! Cute cute! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Marcy said...

Oh, super cute! Thanks for playing along with US again this week. I love your posts.