Sunday 15 January 2012

Fun & Busy weekend!

We have had a busy but fun weekend with a combination of washing, tidying, cleaning, doing the weekly shop and going to an indoor play area with friends yesterday, followed by church and a trip to a friends house today.  So much fun, especially when we all (adults included) had a go on scooters in the near dark!
I have also had time for some crafting this weekend.  It was my turn to set the challenge over at Quirky crafts this week, and I chose 'Silhouette' as the challenge, because at this time of year I always see such stunning silhouettes against the sunrise on my way to work.  We have Stitchy Bear stamps as our sponsor this week and so the next two cards used their digital stamps.  In order to create them both, I inked the backgrounds before putting the card through the printer, which meant a lot of careful measuring, especially in this first one, as the whole card is one layer.  To finish this off, I just added hologram glitter glue to the wings. I am also entering this card into CCCB 'back to black', Flutterby Wednesday 'bright colours' MTTC 'Hugs & Kisses' challenge as I made this card for a friend who is going through a tough time and needs some love.
The second card was made by layering up onto black, brown and then finally blue card. I finished it off with some textured, non shiney ribbon, some real shells and a shrink plastic shell.  This card followed The Pixie Cottage sketch for this week and I am entering it into Crafty cardmakers 'no floral embellishments', Gingersnap Creations GC134 'ribbon' and SCSC 'Anything goes with blue' challenges.
Finally I made a simple card for this weeks Less is More challenge, which is 'birds'.  I actually have a lot of bird stamps I discovered, but thought I would use this one which is new and part of a 7Gypsies set (Conservatory). I have to confess I was a little disappointed with the stamp as the image showed more definition than the stamp gave me. The background was made by colouring with a Whispers pen in a nestability die!  I am also entering this into the DYSU 'Pink' challenge.  That is all from me.  I hope you have a good week.
Love,
Caro
x

22 comments:

WencheP said...

Love this clean and simple card, looks very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise said...

Love your clean and simple card.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Chrissie said...

That's a really tweet LIM card Caro.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Anything goes with blue" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Mandi said...

That silhouette scene s wonderful Caro
Love the other, super shaded ink
Many thanks
mandi
"Less is More"

Meggymay said...

Three beautiful cards, love the second one, thankyou for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
Yvonne/Meggymay

June Houck said...

Oh wow Caro, these are all three stunning cards! I couldn't possibly choose a favorite. Love them all :)

Anne said...

Good evening Caro looks like a fun weekend my grandchildren love their scooters. Not been tempted to have a go yet as am known for falling over and badly spraining an ankle when trying to keep up with the grandchildren - more than once lol.
As always love your cards. Anne x

Unknown said...

All your cards look amazing.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow what beautiful cards, love your clean lines and beautiful stamping very dynamic pieces. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and goo luck.

Marie

Ros said...

I absolutely adore your silhouette cards ... totally gorgeous!! Many thanks for playing at CCCB

downrightcrafty said...

oh a great take on this weeks theme at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have candy if you are interested :)

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hello! What a cute cards. Love your silhouette images. Beautifully designed! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage! I have blog candy available through this month if you are interested!
Denise
PCDT

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

Great cards!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week. Hugs, Joan

Unknown said...

How many stunning card. I love the black stamp.
Thank you for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week. We hope to see you in the next challenges.
Francy

Lesley said...

Great cards, love the silhouettes! Thank you for taking part in the MTTC Hugs and Kisses challenge xx

Sonia said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the 'Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge' this week.
Hugs Sonia xx

Sally said...

Ooo, I love silhouettes & this one's a stunner. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Kathyk said...

A whole bunch of fab projects - love 'em!

Kathyk

Andie's Space said...

Hi Caro,
These are gorgeous. I love the silhouettes & your beautiful backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Anne said...

What a gorgeous bunch of cards, great seaside embellies! Thanks for joining our no floral embellishments challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
Anne
x