Sunday 20 May 2012

May Fest weekend!

Well here in Sheffield we have been celebrating with a May festival in Western Park.  It was the greatest of fun and the weather was actually vaguely warm!  As well as the usual helter skelter and other rides
there were more unusual bungee trampolines which Alex loved
and some circus style entertainers
who even let Alex have a go with the tricks.
He was especially pleased to meet the Stormtroopers
as well as the very tall Sergant Majors!
To finish it off he had his first 'brain freeze' courtesy of a Hawaian ice (I had to help him finish it otherwise we would never have got home!).
This weekend it is time for another Quirky Crafts challenge set by Lyn.  She chose spots, dots, stripes and ribbon.  I was given this extremely cute 'an elephant never forgets' stamp by our sponsor (Robyn's fetish) to use. I actually followed the sketch from Stampin for the weekend for this card, which also fits with Delightful challenges 'ribbon' and Crazy4challenges 'birthday card'.
I also made a card for this weeks Less is More challenge which is to make a card for a baby or child.  I have only just made a new baby card so chose to make a card for a child who is really into Disney.  I used the stamp and brayer technique to generate a reflection.  This is the first time I have done this with non-silhouette and on see through stamps...it was a real challenge...I am not sure how well I have succeeded, but you can at least see what I am attempting to do with it! I am entering this into Crafty Creations 'male birthday card' and Simon says stamp 'clean and simple'. That is all from me for now...I need to go and get everything ready for an extremely early start tomorrow as I am off to London for press day at the Chelsea Flowershow...I am uber excited!  More on Wednesday with photos from Chelsea I hope!  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

8 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Caro, great card and your reflection technique is fantastic, well done!.
A hug from sunny island

Marijke said...

very sweet card, love the image

Chrissie said...

Great reflection card Caro!
They are really tricky!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Roxie said...

Cute cards, love the little lion and that layout with it.

debby4000 said...

Looks a little person had a wonderful time. Fab cards they're so cute.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

luv

Debby

craftyb said...

awwwww....how cute is that wee lion cub - love the reflection scene! The elephant card is adorable also! Thanks for sharing with at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Deanna said...

Cute card! Love the reflection in the water!

Mandi said...

That reflection looks FAB
Super card
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"