Wednesday 16 May 2012

Midweek rush! (WOYWW)

I am in a real rush this week as I am somewhat behind with preparing my post for WOYWW.  My excuse is I have had a stinking cold all week, have a hacking cough and no voice which seems to have somewhat slowed me down in all ways for some reason.  I did manage to craft with Alex yesterday so he could make this card for his girlfriend though!
This is the state of my desk as it was yesterday (Tuesday) evening in the midst of making a new baby card for one of my oldest friends.  As you can see there are promarkers, flowers and distress inks everywhere and I have to confess it doesn't look much better now. Notable by its absence is my large mug of tea...for some reason I forgot to get a top up - I must be ill!  The situation is rectified as I type this though...there is a large mug sat near me (but not too near the laptop in case of accidents!).
Here is the finished card which followed the sketch from CCCB, and used an image from Stitchy Bear digital stamps which I coloured with promarkers. I cut the central panel with a nestie and distressed round the edge with teabag and worn lipstick distress inks (I did the same round the edge of the card).  I am entering this card into SSSS 'anything goes', Pollycraft 'pink, white, cream and red', DYSU 'use a flower', Delightful challenges 'distressing', Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 'alphabet challenge ' (D: distressing, doily and die) and OLL 'ribbon'.  That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

19 comments:

An'Jenic G. said...

Hi AJ Hear Again. I do remember you out of all the WOYWW Because of your handsome son!

Don't you just hate to be sick. I know I do. I sure hope it gets better. I love your desk and you card is beautiful and your friend will love it.

Happy WOYWW Day #70 AJ~

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Alex has made a fabulous card for his girlfriend which I am sure she will cherish. Love your card too, the doily is a lovely addition. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Hope you feel better soon. Tracy x x

Unknown said...

Do feel better. This is an adorable Cherish card. #100

Marie said...

Very pretty, Caro. Thanks for sharing with Flourishes.

Redanne said...

A very busy looking desk this week, I love the little girl image, she is sooo cute. Happy WOYWW, Anne #9

Alli Devine said...

Beautiful card and I love the ribbon roses. Thank you for joining our Ribbon or twine challenge at Ooh La La Creations

Alli xx

Claire said...

sorry to hear you're full of cold... great we can visit and not catch your germs, though :)
the cards are great and your desk looks just as it should!!!
get better soon x
no. 37

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love your lad's cards, so sweet to him him making the effort! Fab desk, lots of scrummy stash and great card too. Take care & enjoy WOYWW, working my way through the list as usual! Zo xx 66

Helen said...

oh bless!! Hope you feel better soon, it's not Caro's desk without a big mug of tea in sight... take care. Helen, 4.

Ros said...

Oh how sweet!! I love the image ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB

Miriam said...

Fabulous cards.
#101

Unknown said...

That is a sweet card. Hope you feel better soon.
Carolyn #161

May said...

Dear Alex, this is a fabulous card you have made I am sure you friend will cherish it always...
Hi mum I do hope you feel better soon there is nothing worse than a lingering cold and cough!! your card is beautiful... Hugs May x x x#26

Julia Dunnit said...

What a sweet card Caro. Sounds like you need to rest up and fully recover gal, hope you can find some quiet time.

Beate said...

Adorable card.
Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Eliza said...

Beautiful card made by both of you, your son is so sweet and I am sure his girlfriend will love it.

Eliza #19

Unknown said...

Ahhh.. What a sweet card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB..

cnelson said...

Hope you are feeling better! Your card could not be sweeter or lovelier. Alex's card is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

*Alison* said...

how sweet! Thanks so much for entering the DYSU DT Call.. it is going to be hard to narrow it down.. not an easy task.. Good Luck!
HUGS
Ali
-owner of
The Alley Way Stamps
DYSU CHallenge blog
Free digital stamps