Sunday 24 June 2012

Kindle time!

I have had a lovely few days off work to celebrate my wedding anniversary.  We celebrated with a trip to the cinema to see the Avengers (excellent movie with some truly hillarious one liners), a traditional exchange of presents and hand made cards (yes, Tim made me one although he is shy and wont let me show it to you), and lots of yummy food.  My present from Tim was a Kindle Touch as he knows that I am a complete bookworm, and am inclined to turn to books whenever I have a spare 5 minutes. He also knows that I am clumsy and lose things easily, so he also gave me a bright red case to keep it in - I love my husband!
We have had fun with Alex this weekend as well, taking him swimming today, and to the park where we were dodging the showers yesterday.  This tree provided much needed shelter and entertainment combined at one point, with Alex learning to climb and to hang and drop from some of the branches.
I did manage a little crafting this weekend, despite the distraction of the Kindle and a seemingly endless supply of books!  For Less is More's 'Paper piecing' challenge I made this card in which both butterflies and the pram are paper pieced with two different types of paper. I am also entering this into Stampavie 'Anything with wings', Stampin for the weekend 'show your style' (CAS), CCC '1-2-3' and Delicious Doodles '1-2-3' (one pram, two butterflies, three gems) challenges. That is all from me for now.  I hope to be a bit more disciplined with my Kindle over the coming week and get on with some more crafting!  Have a great week,
Love,
Caro
x

7 comments:

GinaA said...

How sweet , love the butterfly detail.

Mandi said...

Sweet card Caro
Your Alex looks the part in his outfit!
Belated anniversary wishes
Enjoy your kindle...but don;t forget us!
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

Real sweet card.

Marrigje

Angela said...

Lovely card...the stamped oval is so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew; hope to see you again!
I have a Kindle Fire...love it!

Debs said...

Cute card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Stampavie & More this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Deanna said...

Congrats on your anniversary Caro. How thoughtful of your husband to make you a card and what a great gift. I just received mine at Christmas with a reddish cover because I too miss place stuff..lol
This is really pretty card love the border around it too !

Anne H. said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne